Sunday, February 11, 2018

About me...Vera Flores Dela Cruz & IslanderView and my goal for this blogsite


Hafa adai & hello from Guam!

God didn't just create U to survive but to Thrive.

I want share some information about me and the start of IslanderView...

My name is Vera Flores Dela Cruz,
wife to Henry Dean Tydingco Dela Cruz,
eldest child of +Benny Toves Flores & +Teofila (Tilly) Cruz Flores,
granddaughter to +Jesus Muna Flores & +Maria Quichcho Toves Flores and
+Mariano Leon Guerrero Cruz & + Pilar Perez Mendiola Cruz 
sister to 5 siblings - eldest to youngest:  Christine Flores-Dela Cruz, Laverne Flores, +Vincent Flores, Mary Flores & Tim Flores,
Nina (Godmother) to 12 amazing young people most of them adults now,
aunt to many; niece to many amazing aunts and uncles, and friend to even more; Chamorro/CHamoru from the beautiful island of Guam, born in village Sinajana, raised in the village of Ordot, and now reside in the village of Mangilao.  Guam is a tiny island but is the largest of the Mariana Islands.

Each person in my life has been an inspiration; some of my earlier blog post mention or feature them.  I believe I am blessed. 

In March 2010, I was living with my hubby in Sacramento, California. Having family and friends out in California & Washington, we met even more people living on the west coast.  All had left their homes in our part of the world, the Micronesia islands, Guam, Saipan, Tinian, Rota, Federated States of Micronesia, Palau ... to either attend college and/or make a living stateside.  Note it was my hubby who gave me the idea to include all of Micronesia!  I like to bounce ideas off of him and I believe that  inspires my creativity... a lot!

While I had a full-time job that I enjoyed, I saw an opportunity to do something to connect everyone.  Islanders have an awesome way of living!  Sharing & giving people, no matter which island you're from, we have very similar lifestyles.  I recognized this and started IslanderView in March that year.  

IslanderView dreams in 2010 included producing a digital magazine and social media posts on Facebook, a 30-minute TV show on PBS, moving towards a print publication and sales of island favorites like food items and souvenirs.  I was so excited to have found my draft plans in a notebook just recently!

Today I plan to fulfill and expand those notebook dreams!  And I'm hoping to do so with your help, our 5,000 Facebook friends, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.

Because I love to read and learn and read some more, I signed up for some newsletters from successful bloggers.  What got me was their sharing of their personal lives and how far they've come, learning and overcoming their humble beginnings, ultimately becoming top bloggers in the industry.

The one's I've stuck with started where I'm starting now.  In debt, wanting to pay off 100% of those debts, be happier, live better, lose some weight, be healthier and most of all... work from home.  All who know me know I am hearing impaired as of 2012.  A result of multiple strokes from hypertension in 2012 that left me hearing impaired and limping.  Thus, wanting to be healthier.  

You see, I don't want to stop working.  I just want to work with something I love to do and at my own schedule.  Working from home offers me the freedom to still earn a living but be my own boss and make my own schedule.

I've actually tried to do this before but with limited success.  That experience taught me a lot and I have not forgotten it.  Being successful this year is a great possibility because I've chosen not to do it alone.  I have signed up for Work at Home School by Caitlin Pyle and Crushing It with Ruth Soukup and even working on my first book ever!   With the help of Chandler Bolt and Self-Publishing School and with Caitlin & Ruth, I'm very confident I can do all of these and I plan to #crushit in 2018.  Remember, you are a huge part of IslanderView also!

I've always loved writing!  ugh! you say?  Most people don't and that's okay! But I do...writing assignments (school days) and essay type tests were my thing.  I've carried that into my adult life and now have rebooted this blogsite with plans to launch an official website for IslanderView.com and VeraDelaCruz.com.  Stay tuned!!

I also love to share what I know and have learned with anyone who wants to learn also.  One major thing I've learned is that my journey is not unique or that different from many others.  We are all trying to live a good life and deal with all the not so nice things we get hit with.

I would love to be a cheerleader for you, no flips and splits though!!
I can cheer you on and give all the (online) "love" and encouragement you need to keep pushing forward.  Life is hard, I know.  Some days I don't want to get up.  Other days I'm raring to go but don't  have the resources ($$) to do what I want for myself or loved ones.  You feel me?  I think you do.  

Any questions?  Ask away! 

Let's do 2018 together. 

Much love and blessings, 












No comments:

Post a Comment