Saturday, December 09, 2017

IslanderView My Heart Is In The Islands


Hafa adai islanders!

My name is Vera Lynn Flores Dela Cruz; sharing my heritage as an islander from Guam, U.S.A. with the help of my IslanderView blogsite and social media sites, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube

I'm a proud islandgirl... wife to Henry Dean Tydingco Dela Cruz, and daughter to Benny Toves Flores+ & Teofila Mendiola Cruz Flores+, both of whom have passed on from this life and the eldest of six children; siblings are Christine, Laverne, Vincent+, Mary, and Timothy.

Grandparents on my mom's side:  Mariano Leon Guerrero Cruz (Sinajana) & Pilar Perez Mendiola Cruz (Asan/Sinajana)
Grandparents on my dad's side:  Jesus Muna Flores (Sinajana) & Maria Quichocho Toves Flores (Mangilao/Sinajana)

In-laws:  Henry Mafnas Dela Cruz (Tinian/Sinajana) & Rosita Dolores Tydingco (Tamuning)
Step mom in-law:  Teresita Wusstig Dela Cruz (Yigo/California)

I'm a "crazy" Aquarius woman.  Ask my hubby.  We've been married 24 years this year and together 28!  A wonderful and sometimes mysterious accomplishment.  I give him all the credit. No children and while sometimes I ponder on that, I go with the belief that God knows better and all shall be well.

We have many children in our family through siblings and extended family.  However, I'd like to note here that 1st cousins are like siblings to me we treat each other so. Lots of love there! 

I don't have any real hobbies per say, but I love learning and read all manner of articles, newsletters, books and blogs.  One thing though is my poor memory!  I'll be excited to share and tell you, "I read about this and that the other day!" but would most likely be unable to tell you where I read or saw it. But, I remembered the content!   

My current logo design is inspired by the island-ie look with green leaves and the kalachucha flowers with the wood board... all islandie to me! I just added the words "IslanderView" my name and a new tag line I've been searching for...my hubby recommended that to me... "My Heart is in the Islands."  It fits with my purpose and goals for IslanderView; bringing islanders of Micronesia together throughout the world.  No matter where we live or hold residence in this world, we are islanders and we can't take the islander out of us no matter what.  

I will be publishing a digital magazine and doing special features on islanders who call Guam home in the coming weeks.  Look out for that and let me know what you think and recommend other islanders who may be interested, too! You can even recommend yourself!!

Dear friends, hold fast to your heritage as an islander.  Share it with others and be proud of who you are and where you come from.  SAINA MA'ASE to each one of you for being a part of IslanderView.  You make it real and possible.  


No comments:

Post a Comment